This rooster is the biggest scaredy cat of a chicken I have ever owned. He was hatched out of our own flock and he has been terrified of the humans since he laid eyes on them.
But there in the background are two of my hugelkultur beds. Since we are apparently staying here on this property (not my choice but necessary right now), I decided these four beds should be our perennial gardens. We got two weeded out today and I slung goat manure on them when I cleaned out the barn. The chickens have been happily helping spread it all.
In just a few minutes here my stepdad will be by with his rototiller and two garden plots will get tilled up. I have a scythe being delivered tomorrow to make work of that tall grass and then I can build some extra raised beds in the back pasture.
So many plans as I'm trying to come to terms with not being able to move. Letting go of a dream, even temporarily, is hard. So I'm trying to build some new ones.
Hey, thanks for joining my live class! If you missed it, I've posted it in my stories. It'll be there for 2r hours and it's all about stress and anxiety! Let's be real, who *doesn't* suffer from some stress and/or anxiety!
Here's the spell jar ingredients in case you didn't get them written down! If you make one, please post a photo and tag me so I can see!
Salt - For protection
Bay leaf - For strength
Coffee - For peace
Sage - For mental strength and protection
Lavender - For calm
Chamomile - For relaxing your mind
Layer in a tiny jar, centering and focusing on feelings of calm and peace. Cork when you feel perfectly calm. Tuck your jar wherever you need help with anxious feelings. Under your pillow, in your purse, on a cord around your neck, etc.
I hope you enjoyed the class!
In our hectic lives and busy schedules, it can be difficult to find time for simplicity. It's almost as though society has forgotten how to live simply and the joy that can be found in less.
My top five ways for living simply:
1. Take time to ground and meditate. Every. Single. Day. This action of choosing to be still and to connect with my higher self and the earth gives me calm and guidance.
2. Spend time outside. I try to go outside every day, whether it's just to chat with my animals, or taking a long walk through the forest. Nature therapy.
3. Journal. When I sit down and pour my heart into writing it helps to calm any anxieties, reveals hidden emotions and gives me some quiet moments.
4. Make a pot of tea. There is nothing quite like a warm cup of tea to soothe both body and soul.
5. I don't over commit. This is the art of saying "no". I only have so many hours in a day and I prioritize how I want to spend those hours. This means sometimes, I have to tell people no.
How do you add simplicity to your life?
"Using the word 'witch' invariably brings us to the word 'magic'. This is a word that can bring confusion. Magic is not illusion, nor is it the artificial manipulation of unnatural forces. In fact, magic is perfectly natural: it is the use of natural energy with conscious intent and awareness to help attain a better understanding of the world around you and to harmonize yourself with the world's energies." -Arin Murphey-Hiscock and except from The Green Witch