Cake for breakfast? Err always!! 😎 This Carrot and Walnut Cake recipe is from a month or so ago with a few tweaks! I said I couldn't find a sugar-free topping for it so went for an icing sugar glaze but this time I think I have cracked it! A vegan caramel sauce 😍 It's so simple and now this recipe is official refined-sugar free as well as dairy free gluten free and vegan. Just as an FYI I am not gluten free I just prefer not to eat refined white flour and therefore a lot of alternatives are naturally gluten free. There is a misconception that if something is gluten free it's a lot healthier for you but that isn't always the case! .
Ingredients - 300g grated carrots
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil - 90g ground almonds
- 120g Sorghum flour
- 120g buckwheat flour - 1 tsp xanthum gum - 1 flax seed egg ( 1tbsp flaxseed mixed with 2 tbsps of water)
- cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (adjust according to personal taste but I put in 2 tsps of cinnamon and 1 of the others)
- 1 tsp baking powder - 1 tsp baking soda - 1 tsp apple cider vinegar -
- 1 mashed banana - 1 cup chopped walnuts - 3/4 cup almond milk . .
MIX ALL THE DRY INGREDIENTS TOGETHER ✅ STIR IN THE FLAX SEED EGG, BANANA, ALMOND MILK AND OLIVE OIL ✅ LASTLY ADD THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND THE WALNUTS ✅ STIR AND ADD ANY MORE ALMOND MILK IF NECESSARY ✅ BAKE FOR 40MINS(ish) (you will have enough of 1 loaf and 9 cupcakes ✅ MAKE THE CARAMEL SAUCE BY PLACING 1 TIN OF COCONUT MILK IN A SAUCEPAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT ✅ ADD IN 10-12 FINELY CHOOPED MEDJOOL DATES, A PINCH OF SALT AND SOME VANILLA ESSENCE ✅ BRING TO THE BOIL AND ALLOW TO THICKEN ✅ LEAVE TO COOL AND THEN SPREAD OVER THE COOLED CAKES ✔
@thefeedfeed @thefeedfeed.vegan #thefeedfeed#thefeedfeedvegan#deliciouslyhealthysweets#veganfoodspot#veganfoodshare#veganworldshare#worldwideveganfood#instayum#veganrecipe#veganbaking#glutenfree#glutenfreecake#fitfam#veganspotlight#instadaily#veganfit#instavegan#vegansofig#vegansnacks#instarecipe#plantbased#nomnom