🌿Today is Earth Day, so I wanted to take a minute to reflect on what we, as individuals, can do to reduce our footprint on this beautiful planet 🌍
As a coach, I help my clients connect with their mission&values, so that they can live a life that’s in consonance with their value system. Same goes for me. I can’t live a whole life when my values clash with what I do - or don’t do - in my daily life. That means I try not to harm other beings and the environment and I research the products I purchase as much as I can. I am by no means a ‘zero waste’ guru, a role model in animal rights, or the most conscious ethical buyer... yet, but I’ve made changes in my life that contribute to help the planet stay green and liveable 🌍 I feel better when I do good. These are some things you can start doing today. Not for me, or for yourself, but for everyone and everything around us.
1. Eat less meat. The meat industry is responsible for almost 1/5 of man-made greenhouse emissions worldwide. You don’t have to become a vegan🌱 but you can start doing #meatlessmonday
2. Bring your fabric and reusable bags to the shops. Don’t use straws! (I have my own bamboo straws and I often buy paper ones for parties). Plastic is not fantastic. Say no to plastic! ♻️
3. Buy a reusable bottle and take it with you everywhere. Ask your barista to use your bottle or travel mug to get your coffee fix ☕️ 4. Buy second-hand whenever possible 👗
5. Change your plastic toothbrush for a bamboo one.
6. Use eco-friendly, ethically-made cosmetics 💄. There are many products packaged in recyclable materials. Or better yet, without packaging. While you are it, choose cruelty-free.
7. Use public transport or your 🚲 whenever possible.
❓What other simple steps are you taking?