This dinner was pretty amazeballz. Made the #hotforfoodcookbook buffalo cauliflower sandwich minus the panko (cause I didn’t have any) along with some pan fried sweet potatoes. Super yummy. Added lime to the buffalo sauce 🤤 seriously tasty food right here (even if the pic is only meh). •
Today was beautiful and warm. Took my kids to the skate park and then the playground. It felt great to be out in the sun ☀️ Peace, love and plants ✌🏻❤️🌱
Healthy lifestyle choices.👌🏼😂 That’s some serious #VeganFoodPorn right there tho. 🎂💕Chocolate / vanilla Oreo cake my mom made today! 🤤 I decided to pretend like it’s my birthday the other day (why not? Makes it so magical 😆) and then she surprised me with this amazing-ness. Chocolate and vanilla with 2 layers omg. Yes, It tastes as good as it looks.😍🙌🏼
I can't help but smile when looking at this :) Isn't it just the most gorgeous ombre look?
Can't wait to use this inspiration to fill our #cocodua bowls with life!
This beautiful creation is by Fiona who is an Australian woman (same as I!) who I believe is killing it with her vibrant and fresh feed, filled with the most visually pleasing clean food recipes :) Follow her @rawcrush and support her creative work and add some vibrancy to your feed!
Anyone else craving a chocolatey treat?? I don't know about you, but I'm always up for a nice, warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie! Here's one of my favorite vegan versions of this classic snack!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3/4 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine (recommended: Earth Balance)
1 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons (7.68 ounces) sugar
1 cup (7.7) ounces lightly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup soymilk
1/3 cup canola oil
3 1/4 cups plus 2 1/2 teaspoons (1 pound, 1.25 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (1.9 ounces) whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the margarine, sugars, and vanilla and cream together with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the bowl and mix again to ensure all the ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds more.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the soymilk and oil. Slowly add the soymilk mixture to the sugar mixture and mix to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the sugar mixture and mix until a dough forms. Add the chocolate chips an stir to combine.
6. Scoop the dough onto the baking sheets with a spring-loaded ice cream scoop. Use a 2-ounce scoop for large cookies and a 1-ounce scoop for small. Leave 2 to 3 inches between each cookie and gently pat them down with your fingertips.
7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. Using a spatula, remove the cookies from the pan and set on a wire mesh rack to cool.
Follow me at @palak.savani for more delicious, plant-based recipes!
DÍA INTERNACIONAL DE LOS ANIMALES DE LABORATORIO 💔
El 24 de abril se conmemora este día en honor a todos los animales víctimas de la experimentación en las industrias cosmética, de limpieza, armamentista, farmacéutica, entre otros.
Una de las que más destaca, especialmente por la inutilidad de sus experimentos es la industria cosmética, Lo bueno es que hoy en día hay muchas marcas que son libres de crueldad y nos permiten usar todos los productos para cuidarnos sin que haya animales sufriendo y muriendo para eso. Por lo general están marcadas con un sello (como los de las fotos) y es fácil identificarlos, sin embargo hay unas marcas que no tienen sellos, para identificarlas se puede hacer una investigación en internet.
Aquí les dejo una lista de marcas y productos que conozco y que son libres de crueldad que pueden conseguir fácil: - @colornailsrecamier (marcas como tanga, deopies, muss, salonInn, bacterion, color nails, etc)
- Armenta (Shampoo y Acondicionador - Pricesmart) - @babariacolombia (Desodorante, jabones, shampoo, tratamientos capilares, etc - la 14, fedco)
- @ogxcolombia (shampoo, acondicionador, aceites, etc)
- @iho.organics (Instagram)
- @maui_colombia (cabello *vegano)
- @deplantatienda (productos cuidado personal - Instagram *vegano)
- @elfcosmetics (maquillaje - cromantic *vegano)
- @essence_colombia (maquillaje - la 14)
- @physiciansformula(maquillaje - cromantic)
- @ecotools (brochas maquillaje, etc - la 14, fresco *vegano)
- @nivea(no está marcado pero ellos aseguran que no realizan experimentos)
- @frutique (productos cuidado facial - cromantic) - @nyxcosmetics_co (maquillaje)
- En @cromanticstore (tienda) casi todos los productos son libres de crueldad, para estar seguros cuales son una simple búsqueda en Google basta
- En @veganomarket he visto que también venden algunos productos veganos
- Y creo que en @inversomercado también tienen algunos productos veganos
Hay muchas otras, ahora esas son las que se me ocurren que son las que yo uso, igual miren los empaques y busquen el sello o averigüen en las páginas de las marcas.
Por favor déjenme en los comentarios otras marcas libres de crueldad que ustedes conozcan y usen!
Two nights ago I had this dream where I drove up a really rocky, steep mountain and just nonchalantly pushed my truck over a giant boulder thingy and when I got to the top there was a vegan cafe and it was owned by Twenty One Pilots and I got to chat with them extensively because there were no other customers because who the f**k goes to a café at the top of a cliff but yeah the vegan mac n cheese was good, good dream, fam. I mean hi here’s a nighttime phone pic of curry from literally months ago just so I don’t look like I fell off the face of the Earth. #gooddreamswithasideofcurry
Sharing those beautiful golden Greek Potatoes from @christieathome, go give her some love! I've been following Christie for a long time now and can tell you her wellness recipes' repertoire is quite impressive. Christie, I wish I could eat everything that is on your feed! How do you like your potatoes best!? Do share in the comments!!
what’s your favourite fitness activity other than going to the gym? 🧗♀️🏊♂️🤽♀️🚴♀️🏌️♂️🏄♀️🤺⛷🏂
comment below and share some ideas! 💭💪🏻💡 I have just recently started going to @bodypumpofficial classes which are an absolute killer but I have always loved yoga and getting outside and hiking! 🧘♀️ 🤸🏼♀️
There are so many amazing foods out there, but there are just a few things that I really keep coming back to and actually eat every day.
There are so many posibilities with healthy foods like these ones, so it never gets boring.
You can read about the 5 foods I can’t live without on my blog.
Remember to mark your calendar for 1:30 this Saturday. Come hang out with our friends @empirebrew @glazedsyr grab a donut on us, raise it high in the air and proclaim. Now I’m Happy! 🙌🍩 🍺#stayspicycuse
Another sweet and savory vegan pizza that I made, with homemade vegan white sauce(idk what to name it as it tastes both like mayo and cheese), cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and dried basil 🤤🍕 Simple yet flavourful, that’s how I like my meals to be 😋👌
Having passion is something that drives me crazy even if it’s waking up at 5am to do what makes me feel happy about myself and most importantly, something that makes me filled with content throughout and for the day. When I first started on veganism, I never thought I could have this strong inner feeling and energy to pursue my passion, perhaps a bit at first but it’s a lot more now compared to the past. Somehow I knew this is something that the world should know about - VEGANISM. I wanted to let the world including my friends, family, strangers and literally everyone to understand that we are all equal living things with equal rights and freedom to live on our home - Mother Earth. Veganism is something that is right and nevertheless I will do it with all of my heart ♥️ #vegan#veganism#veganshares#veganeats#veganpizza#veganlunch#veganfood#veganfoodie#veganfoodshare#veganfoodlovers#veganfoodporn#vegancommunity#veganmalaysia#plantbased#plantbasedfood#plantstrong#plantpower#plantfueled
Want to be featured? Check the Bio!
Happy Toast Tuesday, Everyone! Keeping breakfast simple today with this yummy toast topped with @barneybutter almond butter and @zenspiritfoods matcha and pitaya @so_delicious coconut yogurt swirls!!! And how beautiful are these @driscollsberry strawbs?! So excited for the Spring. I have these huuuge pink roses that are blooming in my garden. I almost couldn’t cut roses to bring inside because I just want to see the blooms continue to grow. There’s a big life lesson to take away from roses blooming in the Spring. Like our rose bushes, we’ve endured the challenges of the cold Winter. Our gardens have weathered severe temperatures. Yet still, these roses are blooming with hope. It’s important that we remain hopeful and excited for all that’s in store. Every day isn’t perfect and neither will be every decision that we make, but just like Winter, this too shall pass. Sending love and light your way and stretching my arms wide in acceptance of everything the universe has in store for me. Happy Spring. ☮️🙏✨😊🌏😍💐 💕
#BestOfVegan @BestOfVegan #LetsCookVegan @LetsCookVegan #BuzzFeast @BeautifulCuisines #VeganFoodSpot#plantbased#HuffPostTaste#FeedFeed @feedfeed #heresmyfood#veganshares#AHealthyNut @AHealthyNut #toast#fitfoodiekae#foodart#Yummy#instagram#foodpics#CleanEating#Yum#ThriveMags @ThriveMags #Healthy#Food#Favorite#foodpics#Breakfast#avodaily#motivation#vegantoast#toastsforall @toastsforall #strawberries @barneybutter
reposted and selected by #art2food from the yummy page of @fitfoodiekae
African Black Eyed Beans and Plantain 🌶
If you’re looking for a hearty Vegan/Vegetarian Nigerian dish, I’ve got you 😉!!!! I don’t regularly cook African food, I don’t really know why, maybe it’s because I grew up eating it, so when I cook for myself, it isn’t my default choice or maybe it is because I don’t really eat a lot of meat, and quite a few dishes are meat based. Who knows 🤷🏾♀️
However I loveeedd the @sauceit chefs upscaled version of the classic beans, corn and plantain. They always give nigerian food a modern twist, so they added popcorn and homemade agege bread and it was bomb 💥
I, however am not as skilled, so my rendition was much simpler and more traditional. 😂
What’s in it 🌶
- 3 Large Chopped Tomato
- Tbsp of Palm Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper (optional)
- 1 cup Soaked Black Eyed Beans
- An Onion
- Vegetable Stock Cube
- Diced Plantain
How to make 🌶
- Blend the tomato, palm oil, (scotch bonnet) into a smooth paste, pour into pot and cook on medium heat.
- Cook until tomatoes are reduced and don’t have a tangy taste.
- Add 3 cups boiling water, chopped onions, salt, pepper and stock cube to the beans.
- Boil the beans (add more water if necessary) until nearly cooked and pour into the tomato paste.
- Add the plantain and sweet corn and keep on medium heat until the plantain is fully cooked.
- Dish and Enjoy ✨
Sweet potato perfection 😍🍠😍
Last night was my first time giving loaded sweet potatoes a shot... why’d I wait so long to jump on this bandwagon?!
➡️ ALL the feels over this flavor combo!!
Loaded s.p. deets —> baked sweet potato, topped with sautéed spinach, black beans, fresh parsley, and avocado ranch yogurt dressing drizzle. 💃🏼
as always, @welldressedsaladbarsg never fails to amaze us with their creativity. you think the two-tiers veganlicious high tea was everything that they came up with? you're wrong.
brunch lovers, unite! because now with $18.50 you can have a fun brunch 😉 you love waffle? you love tempeh? you love avocado? you can have it all! sundried tomato waffle with chick'n tempeh drizzled with maple syrup is the definition of bomb dot com. the flavour contrast is amazing and hands down one of the most creative fussion meals that i've ever had! it comes with spinach tofu scrambles with tomato and shimeji mushroom as well as mangoslaw and avocado on the side. now, what are you waiting for? go slide into @welldressedsaladbarsg 's DM and reserve a spot! 💯👌🏼
having a content drought .... 🙅🏼♀️
stuck trying to decide what areas I want my instagram and other socials to focus on and I’m stuck whether I start creating different kinds of content for different platforms. I love creating and I love inspiring you guys to get involved in the kitchen and eat more veggies. 🥗🥦🥕🌽I also am loving living a more active life and would love to keep you guys more in the loop about that. 🏋🏼♀️💪🏻 Starting to think it’s time I pick up the 📹📷 and get on @youtube but hmmm 💭
Spring is here and nothing could make me happier. This winter has been long and difficult, and it's now officially OVER!!!! I have started taking bookings for 2019 so get in touch if you want a cake then, cause spaces are already filling fast! I have a few 2018 spots left too, but not many. Buttercream cake bookings are closed for this year, but open for the next 💖
VEGAN CHAI PROTEIN DONUTS with SPICED CHOC GLAZE 🍩🍩🍩 Made these babies as a gift to celebrate 22 years of @imjoyceewong ✨ 😙 This was my first attempt at baking donuts and it turned out pretty good. So here is the recipe for you guys if you’re interested. ☺️Shoutout to my lovely friend @misangella for getting me this a donut tray from @nododonuts ! RECIPE —> Vegan Baked Chai Protein Donuts with Spiced Choc Glaze
Makes 5-6 donuts (depending on size)
2 cups of self-raising flour
½ cup of coconut sugar
1 scoop of vegan salted caramel protein powder (I used @whitewolfnutrition ) * Note: vanilla protein powder would also work well
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
2 bags of chai tea soaked in ¾ cup of hot water for at least 10 minutes
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
¼ cup of coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Choc topping:
150g of vegan dark chocolate
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
4 Gingernut biscuits – crushed
1) Preheat the oven to 160℃/ 320 ℉. Spray the donut tray with non-stick spray.
2) Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
3) Whisk together all the wet ingredients
4) Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until a thick batter forms
5) Divide the batter evenly amongst the donut holes
6) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked
7) Remove donuts from the oven and allow them to cool before decorating
8)Once the donuts have cooled, make the choc topping: melt the dark chocolate in a bowl using short spurts in the microwave. Stir in the ground cinnamon.
9) Dip the donut in the chocolate and sprinkle over the gingernut biscuit crumbs
10) Set donut aside to allow the topping to cool down.
Storage tips: In an air-tight container at room temperature for 2 days, in the fridge for 1 week. You could try freezing them but the texture might be a bit different when you let it thaw.
I was privileged to be invited to WDSB's Veganlicious High(er) Tea tasting event last Saturday. Both tummy and heart are full ❤️ Thank you Zenna and team!
Follow @welldressedsaladbarsg to know the official launching date! The Hightea is only available on weekends (2.30 - 5 PM) with RESERVATIONS only.
With only $20, you will get 2-tiers sweet & savoury hightea set with a choice of organic tea from house selection.
Additional top up of $5 will get you free flow salad of the day and a scoop of @brownice_sg ice cream! 🌼The savouries tier consists of:
* Tomato & Zucchini Wholemeal Fingerwiches
* Bell Pepper & Potato Frittata
* Pan-Seared Maitake Mushrooms
* Krusty Krab Toastie - changed to mushroom toastie for non-onion/garlic
* Spinach Ricotta Pitzza. (Pita bread base) - Feta cheese are now alcohol-free 🌷and the sweets tier consists of:
* Pumpkin Spice Carrot Cake
* Orange Blossom Strawberry Panna Cotta with Citrus Chocolate Snow
* Brownie Cheezecake
* Yuzu Passion Watermelon Mint Refresher
sounds amazing, huh? 😋 #nurraeats