Cooler weather calls on warming winter stews (and soups!!)! 💫 not usually a fan of sausages but this wasn’t too bad in amongst a load of nutritious veggies and @nutraorganics beef bone broth 😋 #iqs#iqs8wp#dinner#autumn#stew
Can we talk about pork chops? What a delicious meat, you can really get creative with how you prepare it and what you top it with.... So imagine this is your canvas! 🎨 what would you put on top of this delicious crispy pork chop??
Cooking Mama was my fave Nintendo Wii game when it first came out long time ago 👩🏻🍳! I guess through the hours I spent getting that perfect score in every single recipe, I’m now able to cook and not fail toooooo badly 😂. So once a week, I would go through the fridge and see if there’s something going to turn bad. Then, I would try to see if I can actually rescue the underdogs 🐶! Today, I found a bag of jalapeños in the fridge that just needed to be dealt with asap. Hence, I decided to make some jalapeño poppers in a cup made with egg roll wrappers. There are only 6 things you need to make this recipe and you may probably have some of them in your fridge already. The best part 👉🏻 super easy to make and it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. Hope you guys enjoy this simple recipe I made with ingredients from @milkandeggscom 🙂
These Low Carb Sugar Free Keto Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour are SO tender and moist you’ll never believe they are healthy and gluten free! Perfect for breakfast or snacks!
#Recipe below: *
3 Cups Almond flour (300g)
4 Tbsp Coconut flour, packed (32g)
1 Tbsp Baking powder
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Baking soda
3/4 Cup Monkfruit (or granulated sweetener of choice)
7 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
3 Large Eggs, at room temperature (this is key)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2/3 Cup Fresh blueberries, (105g)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with oil spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the monkfruit, coconut oil, eggs, applesauce and vanilla until well blended.
4. Stir in the almond flour mixture, along with the blueberries until well combined. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour can begin to absorb the moisture.
5. Divide by 12 muffin cavities (I like using a big ice cream scoop so that the muffins cook up with really domed tops!) and bake until very golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 24-25 minutes.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes. Then, gently run a knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen them. Then, let cool COMPLETELY in the pan before trying to take them out.
#ketoreset Day 10:
Breakfast: chia seed pudding made with almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. Topped with coconut flakes 🥥, cacao nibs, and blueberries. •
Lunch: spinach salad 🥗topped with bacon 🥓and hard boiled egg🥚
Dinner: green juice from @realgoodjuiceco (we had a house 🏡showing from 5-5:30 and 6-6:30 then i had a hair appt 💇🏼♀️at 6:45 so this is all I had time for)
Down 4 #pounds and 5 #inches in the past 3 weeks... I'll take it!! 😁
In addition to my Plexus, I've simply been eating differently. Having a #healthcoach and easy #mealplan that is flexible with my daily life has completly opened my eyes and changed the way I'm looking 👀 at #food !! I haven't been #hungry or craved junk ONCE! I'm more than satisfied with #Breakfast Sandwiches 🍳, #chicken salad 🥗, #tostadas 😋, fish #tacos 🌮, popcorn🍿, #lasagna 🍝.... just to name a few!! #instagood#love
I didn't even realize that I COULD feel better than I already was, but it turns out that my body really likes when I fuel up before I'm on 'E' and give it premium/REAL food. I can't wait to see what progress May will bring for this #girl
Your health journey can start TODAY, because the #Doctor who created and runs this health coaching group is opening the May group up to all of my #friends and family! 😍
If you need a #spring restart, are ready to learn the right way to eat once and for all, or maybe you just want access to the super yummy #recipes (that even Mike Tasa likes), MESSAGE ME so you can get in on this too!
It is hotter than normal here so I wanted something quick and easy. Steak fajita lettuce wraps topped with @wholefoods pomegranate vinaigrette. Simple and delicious! I would highly recommend this dressing
These Kiwi Watermelon Fruit Popsicles are made of 100% fruit & completely delicious & satisfying for those days you don't know what the kids want to snack on!
#Recipe below: *
4 kiwis, peeled
3 cups of seedless watermelon
optional if necessary: a splash of water (I used coconut water to help blend up the kiwi. The watermelon needed no extra liquid)
1. You can choose which fruit you want to blend first. Remember that whichever fruit you pour into your mould first will be the fruit on the top of the popsicle while you’re holding it.
2. Add the kiwi into a blender or food processor and blend until fully liquefied. For the kiwi, I added in a splash of water to help. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can always mash the fruit thoroughly with a fork.
3. Pour the kiwi into the bottom of your popsicles moulds and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
4. When ready, blend up all of the water melon and pour it into the popsicle moulds on top of the mostly frozen kiwi.
5. Place the popsicle sticks into the watermelon puree and place the mould back into the freezer for at least an additional hour.
6. Once done, run the mould under warm water to help release the popsicles. ENJOY!!
Coconut butter also known as coconut mana is made from dried coconut meat. It's one of the best foods suitable for the ketogenic diet. Coconut butter contains Medium Chain Triglycerides that will help you stay in ketosis. You can eat this by the spoonful or even use it in place of butter. There are also a ton of recipes you can find online including the famous “fat bombs,” which look like healthier versions of peanut butter cups. If you don’t already incorporate coconut butter in your diet I highly recommend you start. _____________________________________________________
One of my favourite turkish foods: Börek 😍😍 Börek is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough known as phyllo (filo). I can never say no to börek 🙊❤️ Even though this isn’t homemade, it’s actually really easy to make !
1 pack of phyllo dough
120 -150 grams of melted butter
250 grams shredded mozzarella (Turkish cheese called Hatay is better if you can find it)
70 grams feta cheese, crumbled
70 grams farmers cheese, you can use fat free
2 tbs plain yogurt
1 medium egg
-Preheat the oven to 350°F/180° C degrees -Start by making the cheese filling -Mix together all the cheeses, egg and yogurt, set aside -Cut the filo dough into 2 equal parts to fit your baking pan -Save the half for later use, or if you like to make a large half sheet size borek, simply double the recipe and use larger baking pan -Eyeball the dough into two parts, cover one part with towel to prevent drying
Brush the bottom of your baking pan with melted butter and arrange the filo layers, by brushing each layer with butter -Place the cheese mixture and spread evenly -Start arranging the remaining of filo layers the same way -Brush the last layer with butter and slice to desired size/ shape -Bake 40-45 minutes or until the borek is light golden color -Let it sit 10-15 minutes, slice again and enjoy!
Garlicky Steak Sautee 👌🏼
Super simple sautéed steak over basmati rice! For a quick and easy weekday meal.
1. Season steak with worchestersire sauce, salt, and pepper.
2. Sauté strips of steak (I used 1lb flank steak) with one thinly sliced onion and 4-5 crushed garlic cloves in olive oil and 1/2 tbsp butter.
3. Serve over fluffy rice with chopped scallions.
Red Curry Chicken 🍲
1. In a large pot (I used a wok), cook cubed chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper, turmeric, and paprika over medium heat until cooked through. About 15 mins for 2 chicken breasts.
2. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
3. In the same pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté 4 crushed garlic cloves for about 1 minute.
4. Add 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 can coconut milk, 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, 1/2 tbsp curry powder, and 1/3 cup chopped basil leaves. Stir all ingredients in pot to combine.
5. Add 1/2 thinly sliced onion and green pepper to sauce. Simmer for about 15-20 mins until sauce thickens up slightly.
6. Add cooked chicken back to sauce and stir.
7. Serve with warm naan and basmati rice.
Chicken Ropa Vieja Tacos 🌮
1. Place 3 chicken breasts, 1 can diced tomatoes, 4 crushed garlic cloves, juice from 1 lime, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika into a slow cooker for 4 hours on high.
2. Shred chicken when finished cooking and place back in slow cooker to mix in the sauce.
3. Layer tacos with shredded chicken, sliced avocados, chopped onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash 🍝
Back from a month long work trip and finally back in the kitchen cooking up healthy-ish meals 😊. Craving a big bowl of pasta when beach season is right around the corner = spaghetti squash dinner!
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Bake whole spaghetti squash in baking tray for 25 minutes.
3. Flip spaghetti squash over to opposite side and cook another 25 mins.
4. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds from the inside (similar to a pumpkin).
5. Pour pasta sauce over spaghetti squash halves (I make my own and add mushrooms and spinach).
6. Place slices of mozzarella cheese and basil on top of sauce.
7. Place back in oven to broil until cheese is melted.
Crispy Oven Baked Plantain Fries! 🍟
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Cut green plantains into French fry shapes and coat in olive oil.
3. Bake for 25 mins on a baking sheet , flipping halfway through.
4. Sprinkle with salt.
Bacon Egg and Toast Muffins ☀️
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Bake bacon for about 8-10 minutes until almost cooked through.
3. Use a regular sized drinking glass to cut out circular shapes from sandwich bread slices (or if you have a circular cookie cutter that works too).
4. Place the round slices of bread in a greased muffin tin. Lightly press down on the bread to make it conform to the shape of the muffin containers.
5. Wrap partially cooked bacon in a circular shape around the bread.
6. Place a whole cracked egg into the center of each piece of circular bacon.
7. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
Spicy Tuna Tostones 🌶
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2lb chopped sushi grade tuna, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp sesame oil, 2tbsp grated fresh ginger, 1tbsp crushed garlic, 2tsp sriracha, 2tbsp lemon juice, and 1/2 cup chopped green onions. Mix all together.
2. Top freshly made tostones with sliced avocado and spicy tuna mixture.
Tostones recipe (fried green plantains):
In a deep pot heat 1 inch of oil. Peel and slice green plantains in 1 inch thick pieces. When oil is hot, cook plantains on all sides until golden and remove from heat. Smush plantains until flat and fry them in the oil again for about 2 minutes.
Salmon Caprese 🌱🍅
Marinate salmon in crushed garlic, olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper, for about 30 minutes.
Heat a skillet over a medium high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil.
When skillet is hot, add salmon and grape tomatoes.
Cook salmon for about 8 minutes both sides for a 2in thick fillet.
Add sliced mozzarella and basil during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
Chicken BLT Lettuce Wraps 🥗
1. Marinate chicken tenderloin strips in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic for 1 hour.
2. Cook bacon on a skillet over medium high heat until crispy.
3. Remove bacon from pan and chop into bits.
4. Add chicken tenderloin strips to hot pan, directly in the oil that the bacon released.
5. Cook chicken about 8 minutes each side.
6. When chicken is cooked through, chop into 1 inch pieces. Combine chicken with chopped celery, juice from 1/2 a lime, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper.
7. On large romaine leaves, add chicken salad mixture, top with diced tomatoes, avocados, bacon, and green onion.
Bruschetta Burrata Garlic Toasted Pita 🍅
Toast large size pita in the oven at 350F for 2-3 minutes.
Take pita out of oven and place about 5-6 slices of burrata cheese on top, and then a layer of bruschetta (chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, chopped basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic).
Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.