You make me smile whenever I ask you to pray! I promise there’s nothing extra spiritual that happens when I talk to Jesus, I’ve just done it a lot of times so it sounds right. But that means it can sound right when you pray, too. You’ll just have to do it a lot of times.
I remember the first time I heard someone pray like she meant it. We were going around in a circle praying like any other day, but when she prayed she wasn’t talk TO God, she was talking WITH God. Ever since that day I have wanted to pray like her. Not because she was extra spiritual, but because the way she prayed was evidence of a relationship - a relationship I wanted. Her prayer-confidence not only put her in the presence of Jesus Christ, it let me feel His presence.
We’ve already established that praying with familiarity takes practice, but here are practical ways to build familiarity:
1. Pray out loud. I used to think this was overkill, but the more I pray out loud the more powerful and natural my prayers become (I think it’s because it’s easier to stay focused when you’re talking out loud).
2. Pray often. I do this by giving myself triggers...for example: my car. Whenever I get in the car I pray, or at least that’s my goal. It also provides a safe place for me to pray out loud!
3. Start your prayer by praising and thanking God. Just like we do when we journal, we’re acknowledging God’s presence and positioning our hearts to receive.
4. Pray scripture. I often don’t know what to pray, so I quote scripture verses over prayer requests and circumstances. When we pray God’s words we can’t pray wrong and they have EXTRA power, because He said them first!
5. Don’t be afraid of silence. When you don’t know what to say or bible verses aren’t coming to mind let silence remind you to sit in God’s presence...He speaks, too, you know?! But sometimes we have to get quiet to hear Him!
P.S. Find someone to pray out loud with!!!
@Regrann from @soloparaalabarte
Nos encomendamos a Dios en este dia especialmente por México, Siria y por el mundo entero.
Te ofrezco, Señor, mis oraciones y me encomiendo a Ti, Espíritu Santo. Guía a la Renovacion Católica en Mexico, dale la fuerza y la fe de darlo todo por Dios, renueva al mundo entero en tu amor.
Jesucristo, mi amoroso Dios, prudente ayuda a México y al mundo entero, concédenos el perdón de nuestros pecados, derrama tu misericordia sobre nosotros.
¡Virgen de Guadalupe, la mas dulce y tierna sierva de Dios, intercede por nosotros.!
À toute la communauté de La Lune Sitters: un tremblement de terre a frappé Mexico et ses environs. SVP aidez-nous à aider les victimes dont plusieurs enfants qui sont restés attrapés lorsqu'ils étaient dans les écoles. Tous les dons seront acheminés vers les Topos, une organisation de secouristes sans but lucratif (www.topos.mx/)
Prière de partager et donner, tout montant est le bienvenu!
La Lune Sitters vous remercie d'avance!
To all our La Lune Sitters community: a terrible earthquake has affected Mexico, Please help us help the victims affected and among them, they are many children who were trapped while in school. All donations collected will go towards a non profit organization called TOPOS: www.topos.mx/
PLEASE SHARE & DONATE anything helps !! La Lune Sitters thanks you!#fuerzamexico#prayformexico#helpfuerzamexico#prierpourmexique#aide