Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce – simple and delicious way to cook fish, especially if you’re in a hurry! The whole recipe takes only 30 minutes!
RECIPE BELOW: *
2 large fish fillets with skin on the bottom
2 tablespoons olive oil more, if needed
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning dried thyme, oregano, parsley, combined
1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
4 garlic cloves diced
3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons butter softened
2 tablespoons parsley chopped
1. Season the top of fish fillets with Italian herb seasoning and salt (generously). Fish fillets will have skins on the bottom - no need to season the skins.
2. In a large skillet (large enough to fit 2 fish fillets), heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat until heated but not smoking. To the hot skillet with olive oil, add fish fillets skin side up - flesh side down. Cook the flesh side of the fish for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat, making sure the oil does not smoke, until lightly browned.
3. Flip the fillets over to the other side, skin side down (add more oil, if needed). Cook for another 2-4 minutes on medium heat (to prevent oil from burning). 4. Remove the skillet from heat, close with the lid, and let the fish sit for 5-10 minutes, covered, in the skillet, until flaky and cooked through completely.
5. After the fish is cooked through, off heat, using a spatula, carefully remove fillets to the plate, separating the fish from the skin. Carefully remove or scrape the fish skin off the bottom of the pan, making sure to leave all the cooking oils in the pan.
6. Add diced garlic, lemon juice, and white wine to the same pan with oil. Cook on medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until garlic softens a bit. Remove from heat. Add 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, and 2 tablespoons of butter, off heat, to the sauce, stirring, until the butter melts and forms a creamy mixture.
7. Add fish to the pan, spoon sauce over the fish, top the fish and sauce with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley, and serve.
BREAKING NEWS! Given this surprise #fakesummer weather, we’ll be popping up on the patio @migrationbrewing for an on-the-fly Oyster Social tomorrow. Thursday, April 26th from 4pm until shucked out! Sunshine, beer and bivalves--what more could you want? 🌞🌊🍻🌴🙏🏼 Oh, and if you’re interested in having our mobile oyster bar at your event this summer - hit us up! #pdxoystersocial#migrationbrewing#sunsoutbivalvesout
We are super honoured to win the @wherevancouver Where to Dine Awards Best Sustainable Seafood award! All of the seafood on our menu is @oceanwiselife certified and we train our staff on all of our sustainable practices so they can in turn educate our guests about the sustainable choices they are making! #FannyBayOysterBar#WhereToDine2018#SustainableSeafood#OceanWiseLife