NEW! Introducing Food and Wine Pairing Fridays.
There’s nothing better than sharing a delicious meal and the perfect wine to complement it. We're hungry just thinking about it!
- - -
This Week's Feature:
The classic Masi Campofiorin paired alongside a beautiful Leg of Lamb with Orange. Recipe below!
1.5 kg (3 lb.) boneless leg of lamb
60 ml (4 tbsp.) brown sugar
10 ml (2 tsp.) dried Greek oregano
4 garlic cloves, minced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) sea salt (preferably) or table salt
5 ml (1 tsp.) freshly ground black pepper
Zest of 2 washed oranges
Fresh oregano leaves
1. Put the lamb on a cutting board.
2. Make an incision down the thicker part of the lamb (fat side down) and open it like a book in order to obtain a thick slice.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and coat the meat with the mixture.
4. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature or, if possible, 6 to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat one side of the barbecue to high.
6. Tie up the lamb, brush it with oil and place it on the hot barbecue.
7. Grill on all sides for 3 minutes and then continue cooking over indirect heat on the other side of the barbecue.
8. Grill for about 35 minutes with the top down. Turn over once.
9. Remove from the barbecue and wrap in aluminum foil.
10. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
11. Serve with grilled orange quarters and fresh oregano leaves.
The Mazzano vineyard has been renowned for the quality of its grapes since the 12th century. The grapes for our Mazzano Amarone are still dried in the lofts of the old farmhouse that sits in the vineyard. The large windows are left opened and allow the perfect amount of natural ventilation for a long and slow appassimento. Sometimes tradition just can’t be improved upon. 😊