We have this exact chart and poster in our office. People always seem to be amazed when we show it to them. This is how the body works. It shouldn’t be a surprise. Contact us to find out how we can help your specific health challenge...and remember - #chiropracticrocks
Ottawa Chair-o-meter reading: Sunday April 15th 2018 - the anticipated freezing rain has arrived... Mother Nature will have the last word about winter for sure ... #freezingrain#mothernature#aprilshowers
Still on #AlbertStreet and back to #ElginStreet , and another look at #KnoxPresbyterianChurchOttawa . Only in this postcard image, the church is seen over a century ago at its previous location on Elgin, at what would now be around the triangle of land where Albert and Slater merge to become the #MackenzieKingBridge . You can also the First Baptist Church on Elgin, the old #RoxboroughApartments , and even the #VictoriaMemorialMuseum . This image comes from a 2010 blog post by the #Centretowner , who has blogged for a decade documenting Centretown, among many other things he has done for the community. In his post, offers a lot of history and links along with his own photos from 2010 of the modern church:
“As the Church's website explains, this is actually Ottawa's third Knox Church. The first one was in Sandy Hill. The second, opened in 1874, was on Elgin and Albert. This colourized postcard showing a photograph taken sometime between 1912 and 1915 from the old City Hall shows Knox Church in the foreground, with the still-extant First Baptist behind it on Elgin and Laurier, and Victoria Memorial Museum Building-with tower-in the background.“ http://centretown.blogspot.ca/2010/07/knox-church-spruces-up.html ⛪️
From the Knox Church’s own website: “Prime Minister Mackenzie King’s dream for a more beautiful nation’s capital led to Knox’s relocation to our third and current home. A wider Elgin Street was key to Mackenzie King’s vision and Knox was awkwardly in the way. The church was expropriated and demolished. The current building, designed by architect Henry Sproatt, was opened for worship in 1932.”
The second image is a close-up of the 1901 Ottawa fire insurance map of this location which I posted last week. The area around Elgin and Albert has been transformed.