School was almost beginning, and all the boys and girls of the village were making thier way to school.
Almost, at least.
Tom Sawyer was, once again, ‘playing hookey,’ as the adults called it. But Tom didn’t like such derogatory terms. He preferred to call it ‘keeping his sanity.’
Just as he made his way along the river, he heard footsteps near him. As if on instinct this time, he held his breath and scurried after the noise like the little rat he was described as by those older than him.
Once he saw the person was up to no harm (like many others the jaded boy had seen) he decided to approach them.
“Hey. Who’re you, and what’re you doin’ around these parts? It ain’t the best place to be, ya know.”
((If I made any errors with the dialect, please don’t be afraid to inform me! This is my first time writing Tom, so I already know there are mistakes.))
Top Left- Friends
Though Tom doesn’t know you well, he doesn’t have any reason to dislike you. He enjoys your presence, whether it be playing Robin Hood or pranking you.
Top Right- Best Friends
You and Tom are so close, he practically sees you as family. He’d do anything to protect you, even if it did lead to trouble on his end.
Bottom Left- Enemies
Whether it be just your existance or you’ve done something to hurt him or one of his friends, he doesn’t like you. If he sees you, he will not hesitate to let you know where you stand with him.
Bottom Right- Love Interest
Whether it just be a fling or a serious relationship, Tom loves you. Being the romantic he is, he may take his interest out of hand, but he means well in the end.
Mains: (Though crossovers are welcome, I will keep this section for Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn characters only in the off chance I manage to either persuade someone to join or I stumble upon an rp account for any of those characters. If you are interested in becoming a main, comment below!)
1. I only do literate roleplay.
2. Please make an effort to use proper grammar. If English isn't your first language I understand, but if you try it's okay.
3. Please don't give a two word reply to a paragraph. My general rule is at least half the length.
4. Mature themes are allowed, even encouraged.
5. Please tell me your triggers before we RP as my ideas tend to be potentially triggering.
6. I have no problem starting, however I find it thoughtful if you do as I almost always have to. But don't feel pressured to start.
7. OCs are okay, but not encouraged.
8. I can’t believe I have to add this one, but NO EMOJIS. Unless they’re texting, of course.
9. I’m usually fine with smut, but since Tom is underage I’d have to say no unless I know you personally and we age up the characters to be legal, which I have no problem doing! Over here, it’s sixteen, so I’m fine with going up a year or two.
Full Name: Thomas Sawyer
Nicknames: Tom (give him some!)
Age: 15-16 (can change depending on rp)
Orientation: Biromantic Bisexual (prefers women)
Likes: Books, joking around, cute girls, leading, adventures
Dislikes: Order, school, snitches, authority, being wrong
Backstory: Tom’s father left when he was very young after being found to have had an affair with another woman. She was found to be pregnant with Tom’s half brother, Sid. Being so distraught by the news, his mother killed herself that night. As a result, his aunt Polly took both boys in where they reside with both her and her daughter, Mary. Though he often quarrels with his family, he still cares for them deep down. One common fuel for an argument is his friend, Huckleberry Finn. Most adults in the town dislike him, and Tom was told not to play with him. But he did, and the two soon became great friends, which they remain so today.