This isn't my sandwich, mine wasn't this pretty. I'm pretty sure a BLT was one of the best things EVER invented! I got home from work and was getting hangry and this saved my "bacon" 😜from being cranky! It's has to be crispy bacon none of that floppy stuff! Now I'm fueled up and a happy tummy to get on with my afternoon! #blt#sandwich#bestinventionever#hangry#supereasy#filling
Shrimp Stuffed Spaghetti Squash 🍤
Baked spaghetti squash stuffed with shrimp, veggies, and cheeeese 🧀.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Place spaghetti squash halves face down on greased baking tray and cook for 45 mins.
4. Cook 3 large diced tomatoes, 1 diced onion, 5 cloves crushed garlic, 1/2 cup tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp paprika and 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium high heat for 15 mins.
5. In the pot, crush tomatoes with wooden spoon and add 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves, 1/2 lb raw shrimp, and 1 cup sliced mushrooms.
6. Cook for 20 mins with lid on stirring occasionally.
7. Add 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese to sauce.
8. Place heaping spoonfuls of sauce into the cooked spaghetti squash boats.
Spicy Asian Cashew Chicken 🌶
Oven fried chicken in a spicy sriracha sauce!
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice 2 chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
3. Toss chicken pieces in egg wash and then panko breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 mins. Place cashew pieces on baking tray with chicken for the last 5-7 mins of cooking.
4. While chicken is baking, make sauce: in a saucepan combine 1tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup sriracha, 1/3 cup honey or brown sugar, 3 tbsp grated ginger, and 4 crushed garlic cloves. Simmer for about 10 mins until sauce is thickened.
5. Remove cooked chicken from oven and place into saucepan to combine with the sauce.
6. Once chicken is coated in sauce, serve over fluffy rice or salad.
Arroz Con Pollo with Chopped Maduros🍗
Fall off the bone tender chicken thighs cooked with rice and spices make this dish sooooo flavorful 😛 topped with chopped sweet plantains
Swipe➡️ for more goodness!
1. In a deep pot, sauté 1 chopped yellow onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 4 crushed garlic cloves in 2 tbsp olive oil for about 4 mins.
2. Season 8 skinless chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and add to the pot. Cook for another 2-3 mins on both sides.
3. Add 2 cups rice, 4 cups water, and 1 can of drained crushed tomatoes to the pot.
4. Place lid on the pot and simmer for about 25 mins.
5. Remove lid and add 1 tbsp yellow seasoning or turmeric and 1/2 cup of green olives.
6. Cook for 15 more mins with the lid on.
Sweet plantains: chop up ripe plantains and cook them in oil over medium high heat for about 4-5 mins or until golden in color.
Pan Fried King Fish 🐠
1. Heat about 1inch of oil in a deep skillet.
2. Slice fish into cubes. We used fresh king fish caught same day.
3. Coat the fish in mayonnaise, and then panko breadcrumbs.
4. Fry until cooked through, about 5 minutes for 1 inch pieces.
Cheesy Meatball Marinara 🍝
1. Combine 1lb ground beef, 1/2 cup panko, 1 egg, 1/2 chopped onion, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 2tbsp Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika. Form into 2in balls.
2. Heat 2tbsp oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and cook meatballs on all sides until cooked through. About 4 mins each side.
3. Pour 24oz pasta sauce over the meatballs and slices of mozzarella cheese.
4. Cook for another 3-4mins. Top with fresh basil.
Bacon Egg and Toast Muffins ☀️
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Bake bacon for about 8-10 minutes until almost cooked through.
3. Use a regular sized drinking glass to cut out circular shapes from sandwich bread slices (or if you have a circular cookie cutter that works too).
4. Place the round slices of bread in a greased muffin tin. Lightly press down on the bread to make it conform to the shape of the muffin containers.
5. Wrap partially cooked bacon in a circular shape around the bread.
6. Place a whole cracked egg into the center of each piece of circular bacon.
7. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
Spicy Tuna Tostones 🌶
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2lb chopped sushi grade tuna, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp sesame oil, 2tbsp grated fresh ginger, 1tbsp crushed garlic, 2tsp sriracha, 2tbsp lemon juice, and 1/2 cup chopped green onions. Mix all together.
2. Top freshly made tostones with sliced avocado and spicy tuna mixture.
Tostones recipe (fried green plantains):
In a deep pot heat 1 inch of oil. Peel and slice green plantains in 1 inch thick pieces. When oil is hot, cook plantains on all sides until golden and remove from heat. Smush plantains until flat and fry them in the oil again for about 2 minutes.
Mozzarella Sticks & Guava Dipping Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut mozzarella sticks in half.
3. Coat mozzarella sticks in flour, beaten egg, and panko. Place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10mins.
Guava dipping sauce:
Over low heat in a sauce pan, melt 1 cup guava paste, 2tbsp water, and 1tbsp white vinegar until guava is completely melted and combined.
Churrasco Steak Sandwich 😛
1. Marinate steak in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper for about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to broil on high.
3. Cook churrasco on a sheet pan for 5-7 mins each side, depending on thickness.
4. Cut steak into slices and place onto Cuban bread. Top with chimichurri sauce and potato sticks.
Homemade chimichurri sauce: place 1 cup cilantro, 1 cup parsley, salt, pepper, 4 crushed garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, 2tbsp red wine vinegar, 3tbsp olive oil in food processor and pulse until all ingredients are combined.
Shrimp Pad Thai 🍤
1. Place brown rice pad Thai noodles in bowl of warm water until tender. I used 1/2 a box.
2. Heat 1tbsp sesame oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
3. Place cleaned shrimp, 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced, 1/2 a yellow onion thinly sliced, 1 zucchini thinly sliced, 1-2 thinly sliced carrots, and 4 crushed garlic cloves into hot skillet.
4. Cook shrimp and veggies for 4-5 minutes, then remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Add 1tbsp sesame oil to the skillet and add drained noodles. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add pad Thai sauce to noodles: 3tbsp brown sugar, 2tsp chili paste, 3tbsp chicken stock, 3tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp white vinegar, 3tbsp fish oil. Combine all ingredients and pour over cooking noodles.
7. Cook for another 2 minutes, and then add the shrimp and veggies to skillet.
8. Use tongs to toss everything in the pot together. Top with desired toppings (chopped green onions, basil leaves, peanuts, sesame seeds)
One Pot Chicken Rice Bake 🍲
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Season 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
3. In a deep pot, cook chicken on both sides for 8 minutes. Then remove from pot.
4. Add 1 chopped onion and 4 crushed garlic cloves to pot and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add 1 and 1/2 cups rice (I used short grain brown rice) and 3 cups chicken stock to pot. Then bring to a low boil.
6. Add chicken back to pot and place lid on the pot.
7. Bake with the lid on in the oven for 40 minutes.
Salmon Greek Salad Bowl 🥗
1. Preheat oven to broil on medium-high.
2. On a sheet pan lined with greased aluminum foil, add salmon filet (I used a 1lb filet) and top with olive oil, crushed garlic, 1/2 a chopped onion, salt, pepper, and juice from 1/2 a lemon.
3. Bake salmon on each side for 7-8 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine diced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, chopped parsley, chopped green bell pepper, and chilled couscous.
5. Top salad with lemon garlic vinaigrette: 1/4 cup olive oil, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 cloves crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
6. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
Eggplant Rollatini 🍆🍅
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Remove green stem part from eggplant and slice into 1/4inch slices lengthwise.
3. Sprinkle salt on eggplant slices and let them sit for 20 mins, then pat dry.
4. Coat eggplant slices in egg wash and panko. Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
5. Combine 2 cups fresh wilted spinach (cook the spinach with 1tbsp olive oil over medium high heat for about 5 mins) with 15oz ricotta cheese, shredded Parmesan, 1 egg, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and combine.
6. Add one coat of pasta sauce to baking dish (store bought or homemade).
7. On each eggplant slice, place a large spoonful of ricotta mixture and roll up, then place each roll in the baking dish.
8. Cover with eggplant rolls with another thick layer of pasta sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
9. Reduce oven heat to 350F and bake for 30 mins.
10. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
Homemade pasta sauce: In a deep pan combine 3-4 diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup tomato paste, crushed garlic, 1 diced onion, 1/2 cup chopped basil, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Simmer for about 45mins. When finished cooking, smush the tomatoes in the pan slightly with a spoon or spatula.
Crispy Chicken with Healthy Mac and Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Coat chicken breast first in flour, then in egg wash, then in seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
3. Bake chicken for 20-25 mins or until completely cooked.
4. Bring pot of water to a boil, then add pasta of your choice. I used angel hair pasta.
5. When pasta is finished cooking, drain except for 1 tbsp of liquid.
6. Add shredded cheddar cheese, splash of almond milk, 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, salt, and pepper to the pot of pasta and stir until completely combined. If sauce is too thick, add a tbsp of olive oil.
7. Slice chicken and serve over Mac and cheese with desired toppings (green onions, roasted carrots)
Breakfast Naan Pizza 🍳
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place large size naan on a sheet of aluminum foil.
3. Place slices of cheese on top of naan. I used about 6 slices of sharp cheddar.
4. In a pan, sauté chopped Vienna sausages with chopped onion and crushed garlic for about 10 mins over medium high. Spread it over the cheese naan when finished cooking.
5. In the same pan, fry or scramble 4 eggs to your liking.
6. Place pita with toppings in the preheated oven for about 4 mins or until cheese is melted.
7. Take the pita out of the oven and top with fried eggs. Add any additional toppings (crushed red pepper flakes, chopped green onion, salt, pepper)
Salmon Caprese 🌱🍅
Marinate salmon in crushed garlic, olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper, for about 30 minutes.
Heat a skillet over a medium high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil.
When skillet is hot, add salmon and grape tomatoes.
Cook salmon for about 8 minutes both sides for a 2in thick fillet.
Add sliced mozzarella and basil during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
Roasted Honey Soy Garlic Brussels 🍯
Preheat oven to 400F.
Chop brussel sprouts in quarters and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast in oven for 35 mins.
While brussel sprouts are roasting, sauté sliced mushrooms with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce and crushed garlic for 8mins over medium high heat.
During the last 10 mins of oven cooking time, add cashews to sheet pan with the brussel sprouts.
Combine brussel sprouts, cashews, and garlic mushrooms in a bowl.
Toss with 1tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 1tbsp honey.
Chicken BLT Lettuce Wraps 🥗
1. Marinate chicken tenderloin strips in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic for 1 hour.
2. Cook bacon on a skillet over medium high heat until crispy.
3. Remove bacon from pan and chop into bits.
4. Add chicken tenderloin strips to hot pan, directly in the oil that the bacon released.
5. Cook chicken about 8 minutes each side.
6. When chicken is cooked through, chop into 1 inch pieces. Combine chicken with chopped celery, juice from 1/2 a lime, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper.
7. On large romaine leaves, add chicken salad mixture, top with diced tomatoes, avocados, bacon, and green onion.
Garlic Butter Roasted Whole Chicken 🍗
Preheat oven to 430F.
Remove niblet packaging from inside chicken cavity and discard.
Rinse chicken over cold tap water, pat dry, and place in roaster pan.
Combine butter, parsley, garlic, and juice of 1/2 a lemon.
Pour mixture all over chicken and underneath skin.
Sprinkle salt and pepper all over chicken.
Add 1/2 onion, the 1/2 squeezed lemon, and 4 garlic cloves into the chicken cavity.
Tie legs with kitchen twine.
Roast in the oven for 1 hour and 20 mins for a 5lb chicken.
Baste chicken at 45 mins of cooking time.
When cooking time is finished, baste again and place back in oven to broil on high for 2-3mins.
Remove from oven, cover chicken dish with foil for 10 mins before serving.
Bruschetta Burrata Garlic Toasted Pita 🍅
Toast large size pita in the oven at 350F for 2-3 minutes.
Take pita out of oven and place about 5-6 slices of burrata cheese on top, and then a layer of bruschetta (chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, chopped basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic).
Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Roasted Garlic Tomatoes with Burrata 🍅
Preheat oven to 400F Slice 2 beefsteak tomatoes in halves.
Place garlic cloves in the pits of each tomato half.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for 1 hour.
Top roasted tomatoes with a big ball of burrata cheese, drizzle balsamic glaze, pepper, salt, and chopped fresh basil.
Serve with warm pita bread.
Lemon Thyme Roasted Chicken Legs 🍗
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place 10 chicken legs in deep oven safe baking pan.
In the pan, toss chicken legs with 1tbsp olive oil, juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
Place lemon slices between chicken legs in pan and top with fresh thyme.
Bake for 35-40 mins or until chicken is completely cooked through.
Beef Taquito Tower 🌯
Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
1. Sautée 1/2 lb ground beef with 1 chopped green pepper, 1 chopped onion, 4 cloves crushed garlic, 1tbsp cumin, 2tbsp chili powder, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until completely cooked.
2. Add a layer of meat mixture to the edge of a flour tortilla topped with shredded Mexican cheese, and roll up.
3. Secure the edges with toothpicks.
4. Brush a light layer of egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1tbsp water) to the top of each taquito.
5. Bake for 12 minutes.
6. Top with desired toppings (sour cream, pico de Gallo, guacamole, jalapenos)
Reese’s Fudge Bars 🍫
1. In a deep square dish, place a layer of Reese’s peanut butter cups in a single layer.
2. Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips with 1 can of condensed milk, and spread the mixture over the layer of Reese’s cups.
3. Add a layer of quartered Reese’s cups on top of the chocolate layer.
4. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
Cuban Cobb Salad 🥗
1. Baby spinach tossed with black beans, fresh corn, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, and cooked quinoa.
2. Topped with grilled chicken breast, sautéed onions, homemade plantain chips (slice green plantains almost paper thin, toss with oil and sea salt, and bake at 400 for 20 mins), and garlic cilantro dressing (3 garlic cloves minced, 1/2 cup chopped green onion, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 2 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt, pepper, blend all in a food processor to make dressing)
Crispy Chicken Thigh Over Garlic Truffle Mash
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat cast iron skillet over medium high.
Pat dry chicken thighs.
Peel back the skin of the chicken thigh and season the meat under the skin with salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder.
Place the skin back over the thigh and season the top of the skins.
Place thighs skin side down in cast iron (don’t over crowd the pan) and cook for 8 minutes on both sides.
While chicken is cooking, add 6 garlic cloves and chopped carrots to the skillet.
Place cast iron in oven for 25-30mins.
Boil potatoes until tender and drain.
Place potatoes back in the same pot, add salt, pepper, 4 roasted garlic cloves from the cast iron skillet, shredded Parmesan cheese, 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2tbsp olive oil, and 1-2tbsp of white truffle.
Using a hand mixer, blend all ingredients in the pot together.
Add roasted garlic tomato sauce (use hand mixer to blend the remaining 2 roasted garlic cloves, chopped tomato, spinach, 1tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup mashed potato, salt and pepper)
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup 🍜
1. In a deep pot cook 1 lb sliced chicken breast for about 2 mins on all sides, then take out of the pot.
2. Sautée 1 chopped onion, and 4 sliced carrots, in 2tbsp sesame oil for about 5 mins.
3. Add 4 tbsp red curry paste, 3 tbsp grated ginger, 4 minced garlic cloves to the pot, and cook for 2 more mins.
4. Add the chicken and 5 cups chicken broth, 2 cans of coconut milk, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp minced dried basil, and 2 tbsp honey to the pot.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 15-20 mins.
6. Remove chicken from the pot and shred it.
7. Add shredded chicken, 1 cup mushrooms, 4-5oz vermicelli noodles, and 1 cup bite sized cauliflower florets to pot.
8. Cook for about 5 mins or until noodles are al dente.
9. Stir in juice from 1/2 a lime, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, and 1 tbsp of sriracha.
Serve with desired toppings (crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, lime wedges)
Toston Tower Feast for 4🍴(Or 2 if you try hard enough 😁)
Start with toston layer (fried green plantains):
1. Heat 1-2inches of oil in a deep pan.
2. Take skin off of green plantains, and cut into 1/2-1inch thick pieces.
3. When oil is hot, add plantain pieces into oil.
4. Fry for about 5 mins or until all sides are golden. Take plantains out of oil, do not turn off heat.
5. Using a plantain press or the bottom of a can, press down on each plantain piece until flat.
6. Add flattened pieces of plantain back to hot oil and fry for another 2-3 mins or until totally golden color. Take plantains out of oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
7. Top tostones with fluffy cooked white rice.
8. Top rice with red bean layer:
In a medium pot, add 1tbsp olive oil, 1/2 chopped onion, and cook until onion is translucent.
9. Then add 1 can of drained red kidney beans, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
10. Cook for about 5 mins, then add on top of the white rice layer.
11. Add a layer of picadillo on top of beans:
1/2lb of ground beef sautéed with 2 cloves garlic, cumin, 1 bay leaf, salt, pepper, and olive oil until cooked through.
12. Top with a fried egg and cilantro.
Kitchen Sink Chili 🌶
1. Sautée 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 4 cloves of minced garlic with olive oil in deep pot for 4-5 mins.
2. Add in 1 can drained pinto beans, 1 can drained black beans, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 lb ground beef, cumin, chili powder, paprika, dried parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer for 35 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Add already cooked sliced maduros (fried sweet plantains) to the pot and stir.
5. Serve with desired toppings (shredded Gouda cheese, chopped green onions, toasted garlic pita bread, sour cream)