How did I prepare to play George in @rampagethemovie? Did this every day for 6 months.
Then @terrynotary worked with me on it for several weeks. That’s it. 🤪🦍💪🏻
Gorilla Skills 😳 🦍 @bodybuilding
🦍B I G C H E S T🦍
- 175lbs x 15 reps + 1 spotter rep
- Here, I was going for a rep record—which is to see where I’m at with the current weight I’m pushing.
INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS
- 50lbs x 12-15 reps
- I implement incline press as another major movement to increase chest size (obviously more in my upper chest). This is what you target so that when you wear stringers or tanks in the summer your chest is still POPPIN!
LYING DUMBBELL PULLOVERS
- This movement helps build wide lats as well as a thick chest! Arnold Schwarzenegger’s believed this exercise “expanded the rib cage” or at least gave that illusion—this is a classic movement that not too many people use today!
- Be sure you’re doing this safely with your upper back and head on the bench and arms slightly bent. Keep you’re neck and spine neutral, and look straight up. If your doing it like me and not fully lying on the bench—keep your hips up and core tight. Slowly, lower the weight behind your head until you can’t see it and drive the weight forward overhead, using your upper chest and your lats!
Classic bodybuilders didn’t have the machines that we are fortunate to have today, so by doing these types of movements and others they trained muscles that machines restrict us from targeting. In my opinion, machines are a great way to isolate muscle groups and prevent injury, however, by attempting some of the more classic movements your body gets an opportunity to change and grow stabilizing muscles as well.
As i continue to do research and watch videos on different lifters and training regimens, I get the chance to try new movements and learn how they work your body differently!
I apologize, I’ve been slacking on the posts lately, but as school comes closer to an end my nights of studying get longer and longer—still working on finding that balance. I’m definitely getting better and learning that I can’t necessarily do all the things everybody else does. Moral of the story, PUSH HEAVY WEIGHTS, STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE AND TRUST THE PROCESS!
🔒 I N and still working...💪🏾🦍
Austrian Inspirations | One of my partner for this project was the austrian label @lena_taschen. I absolutely loved working with Lena, the creative mastermind behind these animal-shaped bags. And I had so much fun with my wonderful model @lisa_maresch 🦍 to be continued. . .