I have been featured in @ariannahuff’s very own @thrive global. ✨
In it, I offer golden nuggets of wisdom about:
🔑The pitfalls of being a founder and solopreneur:
🔑What it's like to do the work of bringing goodness into the world
🔑Who I'm grateful for, and 🔑My deepest desires divulged for an afternoon spent with my dreamboat make-believe husband, @jasonlsilva
I'd love for you to read it, and if you love it, give it a clap or 50 (that's the max), and pass it on to your friends. (Link in bio)
In gratitude 💗🙏🏻
Meet the Members; Vocalist
1. Nick name? Lexi, Ali, Giddy
2. You’re stranded on a deserted island; what 5 albums would you like to be stranded with?
System of A Down-Hypnotize
Rodriguez- Cold Fact
Highly Suspect- Mister Asylum
Eminem- The Eminem Show (I'd smuggle in an extra)
3. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
Auschwitz-Birkeneau & The Wieliczka Salt Mine, Poland. .....................................
4. What movie title best describes your life?
5. What is something that really grinds your gears?
6. What age where you when you started playing music?
Aged 7, piano.
7. What are three interesting facts about you?
I spent the majority of my 20's travelling & living out of a backpack, I'm left handed & I sometimes dream about events before they happen .....................................
8. Name one band you’d love to share the stage with?
9. What would be your spirit animal?
Green Tree Frog
10. Name one guilty pleasure track?
Roger Miller- King of the Road. 📸 @__solvent__
Hi 👋 If we haven’t met yet, I’m Carly. I started this Instagram about a year ago when I realized that my other, personal Instagram (@carly_shane20) was becoming full of only food pics. 😬 I’ve been living alone for 2 years now and in doing so, have developed a big love for not just cooking, but learning what it means to eat a balanced/well rounded diet that is best for me and my health. Acknowledging what eating real, good, wholesome food has done for me, is a big reason why I get so excited and passionate about sharing recipes and cooking for others. I try to stay away from restrictive behaviors, stand up against food & body shaming, and am loving intuitive eating! A couple other fun facts: I lived in Australia for 6 months, can hold a headstand for a long while, I’m writing a book, and my fav color is yellow. 💛 That’s me in a nutshell. Thanks for listening. 🙃 Want to know more? Shoot me a message. Let’s connect!
gratitude is key to being the best version of you. count your blessings and don’t sweat the small stuff. if you can’t think of anything to be grateful for, pick up a journal and write. you’ll soon realize you are surrounded by abundance. keep a positive energy and surround yourself with people who lift your vibration. I am so grateful for everything that is coming my way 🙏🏻
always remember, the universe is working in your favor ♡
Happy 'Get To Know Your Customers' Day! We love getting to know our customers. If you like us on here and are in the #rva area DM us; let's get to know each other better and maybe coordinate a meet-up for coffee or pizza!
Oh boy, has today been busy! I forgot to post this morning so I figured I'd post this fun photo!
I LOVE hearing from you and learning more about you. Every connection I make here is truly a personal experience for me. I hope that comes across in all that I ever to say here or in messages.
I would love to know another fun fact about you! It can be anything!
🌻Have you traveled outside the country? (I haven't 😢)
🌻What did you major in college? (I'm a drop out haha)
🌻Do you have a hidden talent? (Lettering was mine)
🌻Who's your favorite author? (Dean Koontz)
🌻Do you have a silly addiction?(Popiscles!! And not eating them haha)
It can be anything!! I just want to hear more about you! #questionaire#questionsandanswers#gettoknowme#ilovemycustomers#customerappreciation#learnmore
Loobub DJ born Melvyn Pravin Riberts is a DJ/Producer situated South of Johannesburg, South Africa in a Coloured Township called Eldorado Park... 💃😁
Get to know me in a series of 12 episodes, I broke the ice by introducing myself... 💯🔥
Ask me anything in the comment section below👌💯🔥
If you didn't read yesterday's post, I wrote about the huge importance and impact my grandparents had on me.
This cross stitch in my studio came from my Grandma's room. She was a collector and for her, objects were memories and stories. She surrounded herself with them, floor to ceiling. Her room was like a treasure trove where you could go and see her life lived out as a museum. She was funny, she was smart, she was strong, she was tough, she was kind, she was gentle, she was an endless list of attributes people, and girls especially, should aspire to be.
She would encourage you when you came to visit, especially toward the end, for you to pick out something from her room and take it home. This to me was a big honor because it was like taking a piece of her heart, her life, her experience here in this world, and assimilating it. I always tried to choose quintessential "grandma" things.
When I saw this piece I thought, “this is so Grandma”. She was the most kind person and made sure everyone felt welcomed, accepted, equal, no matter what walk of life they came from. Everyone that met her left feeling... better. I later learned this saying came from Aesop's Fables, and I know that she didn't actually stitch it, but I always imagine her stitching this message that she wanted to leave behind, like a ripple in the water.
A little about me! -I have been in the hair industry for 11 years. However I’ve learned more about the industry and the craft of hairdressing in the past 3 years more than ever before. I’m grateful for the education that my salon blesses me with. The mentors I have and the everyday energy of everyone I work beside. 💕
I am married to the most supportive partner a girl could ask for, we also happen to work behind the chair together and share our passion for hair. 💕
We have 3 kids and more than anything in this world I love being a mom. (Even though it’s by far my toughest job and sometimes I feel like a failure lol 🤷🏻♀️) 💕
Most would say I specialize in blondes; (Which I do 👱🏼♀️; however I really just love to create looks for my guests that bring out their best physical features and also match their lifestyle and personality. I’m game for whatever!! I’m especially into short pixie haircuts and bobs. But ladies you know how I love myself some mermaid hair too!!🧜🏼♀️💕
I’m a true friends and family person ❤️ I keep my circle super small but it’s so genuine. When writing my gratitude list, family and friends are always at the top of my list!
y’all know horses and animals are a HUGE part of my life. I’m honestly surprised I’m not a vet or that I don’t own a rescue of some sort. I love animals so much. Horseback riding for me is meditation. Blessed to have 2 to call my own.
Friday eve feels and cheers to the fact that it’s sunny and 60 right now! Oh sun how I’ve missed you ☀️😆 I figured I’d do a get to know ya/5 facts about me that are not health/fitness related because I never have so I thought I’d share 🤗
1. I love soccer, I’ve played since I was 5 and it’s my favorite sport by far ⚽️
2. I am a Civil Engineer graduating in May (holy cow so so soon) from Gonzaga University with a full time job already lined up in August 💃🏼
3. I love love love warm weather and dislike the cold, and yes I’m still questioning my decision to continue to live in Washington where it’s cold A LOT.. ☃️
4. I love to travel!! This summer I’m spending 7 1/2 weeks in Europe traveling all over (who would be interested in a travel blog?? 🌍)
5. Family is so so important to me! I love my family and how often we get together. It’s so nice having most of my extended family near me! (Probably why I’m willing to suffer through the cold..) 💛 •••
I’d love to get to know you all! Tell me something about yourself below 💛 happy Friday eve! ☺️
A little about myself...
Almost 20 years ago, me and my husband embarked upon a scary DIY journey when we bought our home. Newlyweds with boundless energy, we took on a sorry excuse for a home in a northern suburb of Boston. Our house was devoid of character, charm, light, cleanliness and homeyness. It was that year of diving in head first into our home renovation project, that I discovered my passion for interior design and all that it encompasses. My husband, a general contractor by trade, is an incredibly creative and skilled craftsman. Together, our main goal was making a true home for our family. Within the the first few years, we had two wonderful boys. Still my proudest accomplishment in life💗 An animal lover, dogs were quickly added to the mix. I currently have two cute Pugs and if you come into my home, you most certainly will find them within close proximity of me and I wouldn’t have it any other way😊 I also have a dwarf bunny that you will often find tucked in my sweater as I walk around the house. Although my home is technically finished now, year after year, my husband and I take on new projects. A labor of love, as we continue to discover, reinvent and create. On a separate note, during all this, I worked my way up the corporate ladder and was the Human Resources Director in a large nonprofit where I worked for almost twenty years. I’m very grateful for my experiences during those years. But have since moved on to enjoy my my creative interests and spend more time with my family. Reinventing yourself is not an easy road, nor is it always a clear one. With that said, I have enjoyed things such as refinishing furniture, gardening, photography, and interior styling to name a few. What else would you expect from a self proclaimed homebody🤗 Most days, you will find me puttering around my home, working on creative projects, taking in a good movie, or sitting by the fire. Life is good and I’m thankful. The journey down my path continues on and I’m truly enjoying every step I take and I’m excited to see what tomorrow will bring. Thanks for taking the time to join me as I find my way....
Get to know me on a personal level:
🏡I grew up on a farm in B.C, Canada where I was homeschooled until grade 6.
🏔I hiked the Annapurna in 2013.
👋🏼I’m a bit of a clutz (I swear my hands have a mind of their own!)
🚘🌴I packed my car and moved to LA solo in 2014 where I didn’t know a soul!
🎈I have a fear of balloons...the thought of them popping gives me MAJOR anxiety.😅
♏️I’m a Scorpio.
🎧Rap music is the way to my soul.😘
🙏🏼I’m practical to an extent but when it comes to my dreams I’m more likely to just ‘go for it’, stay positive and figure things out along the way (thanks to my mama for that attitude.🤗)
I wanna know you! Comment and tell me something that I don’t know about you!⤵️😊
Regrann from @stephcowles1 - New video alert 🚨Thank you to @morganxoelizabeth for nominating me in the GET TO KNOW ME TAG: NEW YOUTUBER EDITION. I nominate: @aprilsawicki14 and @lovingbabybrown The tag questions are in the description box! Can’t wait to get to know you guys a little more 😘
#GetToKnowMe - #regrann
Thanks for the tag @vsg_new_me2018 😘
1. 22 ♌
2. All over the Bay Area but been in Brentwood (Norcal) the longest 🌁
3. No babies.... yet 👶🏽
4. Hairstylist soon to be Midwife 👩🏽⚕️
5. To never hear a Dr. describe me as obese ever again!!
6. Even though I was born and raised in Cali I hate the sun and heat!! The perfect beach weather to me is cold and gloomy 🌫
7. SUSHI!! 🍣🍣🍣
8. 4, the 5th one is in the works 😏
9. My little old man Scrappi 🐶 he's 7 but he'll always be my puppy!!
10. Laziness 😔 I can be one hell of a couch potato
confession: Brandon isn’t the only man in my life....this is my other baby boy, Lucas!
my family and I were gifted Lucas on Christmas a few years back and he is the sweetest dog you’ll ever meet! 🐾
do you guys have any pets? ♡
For everyone who has watched, liked, and subscribed 😍 y’all make my heart melt😂😩❤️ I was just @ 16 subscribers last night. We lit #domogang 😜 Click link in bio to watch‼️ #firstvideo#gettoknowme#youtube
5. I want all my captions to say something about me. Why? Because it’s hard to get to know someone's true colours out here. I want people who follow me to get the chance to learn who I am. So let my story begin... First of fall I don’t like dresses but all girls do need them tho. I don’t like dresses so I”ll make them my bitches 💪🏼😂
Do you know your Enneagram number?
Over on the blog I am talking about the Enneagram and how this piece of the self-knowledge puzzle can help your relationship with your partner and yourself.
I would love to know your number!
#TBT to a couple of years ago when I made my cousin take photos of me at the park for my now defunct personal blog. If you’re new here, three random things to know about me are:
1️⃣I love pedicures but hate manicures - I don’t like to grow my fingernails past their tips.
2️⃣The very first time I travelled overseas was a solo trip to Finland.
3️⃣I don’t care how healthy it is, I won’t eat chia seeds. I just don’t like them.
Now it’s your turn, tell me three things about you!
Art vs. ARTIST
I've been seeing a few of these floating around and it made me think about how I haven't really put any effort into letting you guys know who I am. Social media is weird in how we can caricature ourselves to fit whatever image we want, but I really want to try to be transparent. With that in mind I've included 9 facts that you may or may not know about me! Hopefully it'll let us grow just a little closer together.
Hello all my fellow instagramers!! With all the new followers, I just wanted to introduce myself and show you the face behind the scenes! So here is 10 random facts about myself, ya know, if you are extremely bored 😉
1. My name is Amber and I'm 28 years old.
2. I am an extremely weird individual. Haha. 👽
3. I am a SAHM to 2 kids under 5, a boy and a girl. They are so much fun!
4. I have been married to my husband almost 10 years. He is my soul mate.
5. I am a very awkward person (hence the Snapchat filter on my photo 🤓)
6. I LOVE 💜💜💜 music especially rock,grunge and older alternative. None of this new stuff for this ole lady😂
7. I love playing video games! It's a great past time besides crafting.
8. I am an only child, because my parents got it perfect the first time, right @hillbillymaw?
9. I have a 1 year old husky named Jinx and a 9 year old cat named Morgan but her alias's include "kitty meow, kitty and fatty catty"
10. I am an introvert who has to be forced to be around people, and then I absolutely love it. See, told you I am weird. 🙄
So, tell me one weird fact about yourself, because today we are sharing. Just call me #drphil
So many people think being good at science in school makes you a strong Dentist/Orthodontist. I was good at science and math but my strong suits have always been creative- art and music were my original passion. I even entertained attending Pratt for college instead of Fordham so I could focus on art and design. I think being good with my hands and having a creative mind in art and music is what has made me a stronger orthodontist and helped me to take my work to the next level. I also think it’s what makes orthodontics so much fun because I get to have a creative outlet while still providing meaningful healthcare. For all you out there in the dental field- what’s your special talent that you think has helped mold you into a better clinician?? #thursdaythoughts#talent#thinkoutsidethebox
Well duh guys i never properly introduced myself :3 i am an german 13 yr old artist . my name i can tell you for now is anastasia:3 my closest friends are annaz (dunno her insta) @carina.schwaiger and @_hiura_vei :3 yeh well my hobbys are to draw. Yey that is all for now duh :3 byee.
Fun Facts About Me💛
1. I'm a Cancer ♋ so I'm intuitive asf 🔮
2. I have 15 tattoos. Baby cuz ima thug *in my Trick Daddy voice*. ...nah I'm joking
3. I love music and musicals. Loved it so much I obtained a degree in it (along with communications)🎼
4. I love all things Vogue & Drag. Actually season 1 of Rupauls Drag Race is one of the reasons I started makeup.💄
5. I love inspiring others, especially women. Either through makeup or my products.
6. Pet Peeve: being ignored or insulting intelligence. Go back to number 1. I already know the deal so don't act like you have one up on me.💅🏾
7.Was almost signed to a girl group, but the deal fell through 🎤
8. I may seen quiet, but I'm actually reading your energy.
9. Cupcakes, cakes, cookies takes me to my happy place.🍰🎂
10. I'm not a fan of dresses. Yes I'll wear them but pants, jeggings, or my go to.
11. Not too big on decor. Now a big flat screen or stereo is sexy .
HI! I'm Anna the face behind @lifestyledbyanna.
I know a lot of you have been on this journey with me for a long time, but I'm SO EXCITED about all my new followers.
So let's get to know me....
Here's a fun fact about me, I love traveling on the back of a Harley and seeing this gorgeous country of ours. Most people who know me find this fact mind boggling, guess I'm not the Biker Chick type. 🤷🏻♀️
So now it's your turn to...ASK ME ANYTHING YOU WANT....and I promise I'll answer.
GET TO KNOW ME.