HASH BROWN POTATOES!! Here’s to me loving potatoes in any and every form! Easy to make and much better than the restaurant ones, try it and let me know how you liked them!
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
2 large potatoes
1½ tbsp maida
1½ tsp rice flour
1 tsp cornflour
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
½ tsp onion powder (optional)
½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
½ tsp red chilli powder (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Peel the potatoes, grate them and put them in cold water for 2-3 minutes so that they don’t turn brown.
2. Drain the potatoes in a colander and put them under running water till the water runs clear. (this is to remove the starch from the potatoes)
3. Boil water, add the potatoes to it and boil for 3-4 minutes till parboiled (half-boiled)
4. Drain the potatoes, run them under cold water to cool them off and transfer to a kitchen towel and squeeze out all excess water, this is a VERY important step for the hashbrown to be crispy.
5. Now transfer the potatoes to a clean bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix very well.
6. Heat a little oil and 1 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter) in a non-stick pan. Form round, flat patties of the mixture with your hand and fry till golden brown and crispy on both sides. ———————————-