😂 Music was too loud in my dinner story tonight, so I’m sorry to all those that said they can’t hear the instructions.. it was so yummy, have to post! Super easy & made up from random ingredients in the fridge!
Whisk 3 eggs and pour into pan and fry until cooked, flip to seal other side. Remove from pan.
Sauté diced clove of garlic & 1 chilli in olive oil & 1 tsp sesame oil, then add 200g Chilli tofu and cook for 3mins, add @colessupermarkets raw superfood vegetable mix, add 1 tbsp soy sauce & a dash of Siracha to taste. Cut the egg up & add to pan. Cook for a further 2mins.
Enjoy! 🥚 #healthydinner#easydinner#recipebook#ebook#alioetjenhealth
• Want a lazy Wednesday night dinner? Whisk three eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper. Meanwhile fry: 1/2 cup sweet potato (chopped into little cubes), 1-2 tomatoes (cubes), 1 brown onion (sliced into rings), 2 cloves garlic (crushed), a splash of soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar. Fry til it’s all soft then take out of the pan and set aside. Blanch 1/2 cup of broccoli in some boiling water. Using the same frying pan, pour the whisked egg into the pan so it costs the whole pan like a pancake. Grate some cheddar or Parmesan cheese on top, then tip all the fried veggies (and broccoli) onto half the egg-pancake. Flip the other half of the egg-pancake over onto the veg (am I going into too much detail?...I mean..it’s an omelette). Flip it onto two plates with toast (or just one if you’re greedy like me!), top with basil and consume! •
Mushroom bruschetta | We had family over for breakfast this morning and a lovely rest of the day with our girls enjoying this gorgeous weather! Our girls were so tired after an afternoon at the park so I went with an @annabelkarmel frozen meal for them (becoming quite the habit, but ready in four minutes - amazing!😄) and made this yummy bruschetta for rob and I. Although it looks a bit fancy it is so quick to make (esp with leftover breakfast mushrooms 🙌🏻) and absolutely delicious - sourdough toast, cream cheese (I used smokey bacon dip as it’s all I had!), grilled mushrooms, avocado, feta cheese and lemon rocket. Quick and early dinner so we can get our girls bathed and in bed - they are exhausted! Recipe on the blog under ‘breakfast’ 💜
Frittata time! One of the best dinners for all those leftovers you have in the fridge ✨
You'll find the recipe in our book but also on our blog! Yaaay! So go check it out, link in our bio. Also - we made a little behind the scenes video when we styled it, a perfect opportunity for you to see how unglamorous it really is 😂😂
#yummy 😋 #Repost @spudsyfoods
• • •
Happy Friday my Sweet Potato Lovers😍🤘🏼.
The best healthy version of ORANGE CHICKEN I have ever had... hope you enjoy this amazing Orange Chicken Sweet Potato Bowl recipe🙋🏼♀️.
🍊For the Orange Marinade🍊
½cup peeled mandarine orange slices, plus more for garnishing or topping
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
⅓ chopped red onion or shallot, plus more for garnishing
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
🍊For Sweet Potatos🍊
1 large sweet potato
Fresh or grilled mandarin orange slices
Crushed red chili flakes
Fresh basil or cilantro
Tamari or soy sauce
1️⃣ Marinade= blend the orange slices, chili sauce, lime juice, orange marmalade, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and rice wine vinegar in a blender or food processor until mixed well. Add the olive oil and tamari or soy sauce and blend again until creamy.
2️⃣Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and pour over the marinade jsut to cover, reserving ½ cup or more for using as a dressing for the bowls. Refrigerate the chicken for 20 minutes or overnight.
3️⃣ Grill chicken to perfection (165 degrees internal temp)
4️⃣Cut Sweet Potato into bite size pieces and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 min.
5️⃣ To serve, divide sweet potato among the bowls, then add the chicken, fresh or grilled orange slices and garnish with lime, red chili flakes, and fresh cilantro or basil. Drizzle with the reserved sauce and eat up.
Slow cooked beef lasagna
This recipe takes a little time to prepare but the end result is definitely worth it!
Ingredients: 500g beef mince, 1 x sachet tomato paste, 1 x can tomatoes, 1 x onion, 2 x cloves garlic, 1 x tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 x tablespoon brown sugar, 100g butter, 2 x tablespoons flour, 300ml milk, 1
X cup cheese, lasagna sheets
Method: - Fry onion and garlic for 5 minutes in pan and add mince and brown
- Add tomato paste, tinned tomato, Worcestershire, sugar and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Make cheese sauce by adding butter and letting it melt and then stirring in flour until it becomes a thick paste. Slowly add milk to thicken up sauce and finish it off by adding cheese and salt and pepper so it is a smooth consistency
- Place a little oil at bottom of slow cooker then add layer of lasagna, sauce and meat and repeat until you have run out of ingredients and then sprinkle with cheese on top
- Turn slow cooker on low for 8 hours 😋
I taught my son how to fold #dumplings some months ago. We usually make about 200-300 at a time, and freeze them for quick meals. 🥟Tonight I simmered some in #chickenbroth , added some Napa #cabbage , #soysauce , #sesameoil , Chinese black vinegar, #chiles , and cilantro. Weston thinks he’s a good cook! 🥢
Dinner 🍴 quinoa lentil pilaf , sauerkraut and horseradish beets 🍴 easy, quick, delicious 😋
Quinoa Lentil Pilaf: * 1 cup quinoa
*1/2 cup red split lentils
* 1 -1 1/2 cup cut up veggies ( carrots, green beans, peas, celery) *1/2 cup chopped onions
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* salt and pepper to taste
Boil covered on low heat for 15 minutes
Another night, another taco bowl 💃🏼
-1 lb ground turkey
-6 mini bell peppers, sliced
-8-10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
-3 tbls tomato paste
1. Season ground turkey with the garlic and spices and cook almost completely through.
2. While the turkey is cooking, cook quinoa in a separate pan.
3. Add the tomato paste and the chopped veggies to the turkey. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
4. Scoop quinoa into your bowl and top with the turkey veggie mix. *Optional: before serving, you can deglaze the pan with a splash of red wine (goes perfectly with the tomato paste!) or some veggie broth to add some extra flavor👌🏼#thekaleouseks
Sardines on pizza?? Well why not! My nurse 👨⚕️ hubby is not much for cooking, and meal planning/cooking tends to default to me. But when he comes up with a meal, I am generally super happy! 😁👏🏼He has gradually (very slowly) stretches his comfort zone beyond making eggs and oatmeal. He made this beautiful sardines pizza...and it was awesome! So if you are timid and shy with getting into the kitchen to cook, let my hubby inspire you to believe in your potential. Just inch your way gradually into new skills. *
Everyday Chef’s Spice Blend-
A hand toasted blend of onion, garlic, sea salt, and four different types of peppercorn.
Click the link in our bio to shop this product and many other culinary items that are sure to be mainstays in your home!
From our family to yours,