A trio of dips for your next grazing table. Guacamole, Hummus & Beetroot 🌸🍃All made by the Cut Above team with no hidden nasties. So much tastier & healthier than store bought dips that are often laden with inflammatory vegetable oils. #deliciousandnutritious#acutabovecatering
How to make little trees extra tasty and interesting.
1. Lightly toss in olive oil and chilli powder.
2. Oven roast with cherry tomatoes until broccoli is cooked and starting to go just a little crispy in some parts.
3. Drizzle with homemade sauce of peanut butter, tamari, lemon juice and a little water. With a lot on the side for more dunking! 😄
Delicious side dish with dinner tonight and leftovers will be perfect for lunch tomorrow sprinkled with my homemade spicy roasted seeds and almonds. 🍴👩🍳
Are you in need of some #sundayrecovery ?? Well, you should check out @originsjuicery for #deliciousandnutritious cold-pressed juices, salads, and smoothie bowls 😋 I like to heat up their Golden Milk for an at home tumeric latte!
⬅️ for a special guest 😍
Thank you @orignsjuicery, @triangles__, and @tushareats! And @fantasticfeats for hand modeling!
📍 San Jose, CA
I have many people ask me about how I get my toddler to eat so well. People are shocked when they see her munching on raw mushrooms or a whole roasted garlic clove. The truth is, eating habits are formed from the moment the child is born; the biggest advice I can give is if you have the opportunity, introduce your child to a variety of fruits and veggies from the VERY beginning!! This will “prep” their taste buds for a lifelong relationship with healthy foods. 🌱
Here are 5 additional tips for getting children to eat more fruits and vegetables:
1. Involve your child in food preparation and planning. Let them choose which fruits and veggies to eat. Let them help wash or prepare food with you. Grow veggies with them so they can learn to nurture the plant.
2. Enjoy fruits and veggies yourself. Consider what unhealthy habits you may have that need to be changed. Young children learn by example and will notice what you eat.
3. Have a good presentation of the food. Make fruits and veggies look great on the plate. Serve a variety of colors. Serve on special plate or cut up differently.
4. Include fruits and veggies whenever possible. Add veggies to recipes such as sauces, soups or smoothies. Make banana “ice cream” instead of serving sugar filled ice cream.
5. ALWAYS keep offering. I can’t stress this one enough. Even my good eating toddler goes through phases of not wanting certain foods and I just keep offering those foods anyway. NEVER assume a young child does not like a certain food. Children are more likely to eat what is familiar to them. Always encourage them but NEVER force them to eat a fruit or veggie. Avoid preparing alternative options. They may choose to leave certain foods, but will eventually learn to accept the meal offered. ✨👌🏻
Made this Death By Chocolate Nice Cream yesterday (recipe from @delish). It’s so easy, healthy and delicious!
You only need 4 ingredients (+water)👌🏼
•3 frozen bananas (if you don’t already have frozen bananas, peel & slice them, put them in a baggie and place it in the freezer for at least 2 hours)
•2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
•1 pinch sea salt
•1 Tbsp water
•1/4 cup cacao powder
Blend it up in a food processor and place in a dish in the fridge for a few hours then enjoy! (OR if you want it more like soft serve you can eat it right away) 😋
I’ve been wanting to try nice cream but all the recipes I’ve found have so many ingredients. This one is nice & simple, how I like it 😎👍🏼
Can’t wait to try with a bunch of different flavors 😍
What can be better than a refreshing gaspacho soup on a hot spring day?😜 I love soups and cook them regularly. In winter I mainly use cauliflower/ mushrooms / pumpkin, and in summer I use broccoli, spinach, tomatoes and radishes and make it cold with the cubes of ice👌🏼😉I add olive oil to it for a taste, spices and fresh herbs like parsley, coriander or basil🌿☘️🌱 #feelcosmic
Sunday sunshine Sunday nurturing Sunday healing.
The perfect day to lean back and take time off realigning ourselves with our desires. 👑❤️ Peaceful transformation is the game to attract love. Forgiving and releasing 🙏, loving and transforming 🙌 is the path to self love and serenity.
Today is the last day to download FREE the 💜 🔥 Violet Flame healing meditation. Simply go to my link in bio @ValerieBottazzi and get it now.
Love and light. 💜🌟 @ValerieBottazzi
I’m pretty excited. For the first time in a long time, I can’t hear the white noise. I can’t hear my cravings asking for something other than what I have prepped. I can’t hear my insecurities comparing my journey to someone else’s. I can’t hear haters, judges, and assholes. The only thing I can hear, is the sound of my own awesomeness, and it’s so loud, the decision between zoodles and Doritos isn’t even hard. I know what I need to do, and I’m gonna do it now. So if you’re about to say something negative about my new grind, y’all better speak up, cause I CAN’T HEAR YOU.
Cacao fruit. This fluffy, sweet, white pulp tastes like paradise. It is a rare delicacy since it is used as a medium for the cacao beans to ferment in and thus begin their multi-step transformation into chocolate. This variety's pulp was particularly floral and sweet.
These organic cacao beans are used by @terrasanaco to make exquisite chocolate bars with two or three ingredients: cacao, cacao butter or liquor, and a bit of sugar. The 100% bar is a luscious, super healthy treat. If you happen to be in Colombia, check out their website and order some!