Last night’s dinner was likely the best Potato Cheesy Ham dish I have tried. I tend to always think bigger is better with family casseroles, but in this case thicker Ham slices was not the best idea. It took much longer to cook then it should have. So with that I give you....
DaT Potato Ham Cheesy Cake
5 medium Russet Potatoes peeled
1 large onion thinly sliced
3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 cups shredded Gruyere Cheese
9 slices Ham
2 T Flour
3-4 cloves Garlic minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 cup Heavy Cream
3 tsp DaT Sauce❤️
Fresh Parsley for garnish
DaT Sauce Or DaT Ketchup to taste
Put it together:
1. Preheat oven to 380 and lightly butter a 13 inch cast iron skillet
2. Heat a little butter or oil to medium and cook onion slices in a small skillet until soft . Set aside.
3. Using a mandolin or sharp knife thinly slice the potatoes lengthwise.4. In the 13” skillet line potato slices all around the outside then the inside until completely covered.
5. Spread half the onions over the potatoes, then top with 1/3 of the Cheddar, 1/3 of the Gruyere & 1/2 the Ham.
6. Make another layer of potatoes, the rest of the onions, another 1/3 of the cheeses & the rest of the Ham.
7. Add a final layer o f potatoes and top with the remaining cheeses.
8. Cover with greased (or cooking spray)foil and bake at 380 for 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
9. Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 400.
10. In a medium bowl, combine flour, garlic, Parmesan, salt & pepper.
11. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and DaT Sauce ❤️ until completely mixed.
12. Uncover the skillet & pour creamy mixture over potatoes, spreading evenly.
13. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
14. cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
15. Sprinkle with Parsley
16. DaT ❤️ it up & Eat it up!
Cheese toasties are some of life’s simplest pleasures. They’re equally good as an evening snack as they are for hungover breakfast 😂 Plus you can make them on a pan, a grill,a toaster or even using an iron (yes I have tried that) and they turn out great each time. But we have now have @meltsmiths in @victoriaparkmkt who are completely shaking up the cheese toasties game!!
This is their ‘Spicy Boy’ made with fresh sourdough filled with a ton of cheddar, Red Leicester, sriracha, crispy onions & jalapeños.
Get your own toasty from @meltsmiths today and melt all your sorrows and hangovers away 😂
We believe that Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food! There is just something so satisfying and comforting in having that first cheesy bite of freshly prepared Mac and Cheese. Divya Jain gives a twist to this comfort food classic by converting the conventional Mac and cheese into delicious cupcakes.
I love making pizza for parties, because first of all they're super EASY and second of all, EVERYBODY loves pizza so you can't go wrong (#ad ). If you really want to impress your friends and family this summer, I suggest serving up grilled pizzas on the BBQ. No one wants to be stuck inside kneading pizza dough, so I like to use @flatoutbread thin crust pizza because it's also packed with protein and fibre and all the work is already done for you. Grilling pizza in the great outdoors means you get to be where the action is and you can impress your guests with your pizza loading skills. Happy grilling! ⠀
Hit up the link in my profile for the full video! ⠀
If you were grilling pizzas tonight, what ingredients would you pick up at the grocery store? Comment below with your ideas and tag a friend who loves grilling and pizza!⠀