Are you inspired to eat healthier? Wondering what to do with that leftover almond or cashew pulp from making nut milk in the Thermomix? This recipe is quick, easy and so delicious.
Raspberry, Coconut and Almond bliss balls.
Approximately 1/2cup of almond or cashew pulp (or 100g nuts soaked and strained) + 1/2 cup frozen raspberries + 1 cup dessicated coconut + 1tsp grated lemon rind + 2Tbs Maple Syrup. All into the bowl. 5sec / sp 9. Scrape down the sides and repeat.
For a crunchier texture add in raw almonds. For a sweeter flavour add in 2-3 pitted dates (they will also help the balls bind more). Note: cashews and dates aren't Low FODMAP so limit their use if you have IBS.
Turn the balls into pretty homemade truffles by chopping and then melting 100g white chocolate in the mixing bowl for 3min / 50°C. Then dip all or half of the bliss balls into the mixture. Place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet to set.
Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy guilt free bliss balls whenever you want. Enjoy! Xx
“How to Make Señora Gonzalez’s Paella” (tap for 🎼)
I’d been looking for an ‘excuse’ to ask Señora Gonzalez for her famous paella recipe since @actcasualbrooklyn’s ‘Paella Day’, and the prompt for week 7 of @xantheb’s #makefilmscourse (to make a ‘how to’ film), seemed as good as any. As it happened she was more than willing to share it - smiling broadly as she told me she wants everyone to know how to make a proper paella! And so, with thanks to this incredible woman, the full recipe (and video) is now on my website - link in profile.
Music: ‘The Smiler’ (1907 Zonophone Concert Band), Percy Wenrich (freemusicarchive.org) CC PD
Recipe and paella: @jorgeyjuana
Paellera: by Garcima from @petersofkensington
Extra virgin olive oil: @frantoiomuraglia
Sultana Biscuits (Around 16 cookies)
Salt 1 pinch
Powdered Sugar 60g
1. Stir together flour, sugar and salt, pour in melt butter, mix well until bread crumb like.
2. Add egg and mix until a soft dough formed.
3. Place the dough on a big piece of plastic wrap. Roll out the dough to around 1/4" thick and sprinkle sultana over half of the dough. Fold the other half of the dough over, press down and roll the dough into 10" x 10", 1/4" thick square. Let chill for an hour.
4. After chilling the dough, brush egg wash on top.
5. Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. --------
提子(葡萄)餅 (約 16 塊)
提子乾 100g (圖中我用了black currant和sultana)
蛋白 1 (上色用)
1. 麵粉, 糖粉和鹽拌勻, 倒入溶化牛油, 拌好至麵包碎粒狀。
2. 加入雞蛋, 拌成軟麵糰。
3. 將麵糰放入塑膠袋中用擀麵棍壓平成0.7cm厚片, 一半的麵糰上灑上提子乾，將沒提子乾那邊摺過去，再用擀麵棍壓成 25cm x 25cm x 0.7cm厚片，放入冰箱1小時。
4. 預熱焗爐 180C，取出麵糰厚片，切成16方塊，掃上蛋白液，焗18-20分鐘或至金黃色即成。
Proud to announce that we are #nowhiring You must be outgoing with tons of energy and work great under pressure as this is a fast paced food truck! Experience in the food industry is a plus! We attend many fun concerts, festivals, caterings, and events! If you think you are the candidate for our fun food truck, send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you! 💚