If your like me then you need variety with your “staple” foods! I really enjoy a good sticky rice, preferably jasmine rice! It has a sweet flavor that I love. But there are times that I need rice to come with a different smooth texture. I also enjoy a good risotto and this pares the 2 well for me. It really can be so simple as adding a new little twist to the same old same old stuff to make the tastebuds not get bored. 👅
1/2 cup rice (any kind)
1/2 laughing cow cheese wedge ( I like the garlic and herb flavor)
fat free half and half
Make rice as you like. When it is still warm measure out a serving size into a bowl. Add the cheese wedge and salt. mix together. It can become a bit pasty. add the half and half 1 Tab at a time to get the consistency that you prefer.
Easy Peasy .
*a side note: I have made this before and added everything to the entire pan of rice. I felt it didn’t get the right consistency and just became a paste. 😝I like it much better when I make it per serving, but thats just me;)
🍚EASY RICE-COOKER WHITE RICE🍚
WHAT YOU NEED:
-2 Cups Jasmine Rice
-1/2 White Onion -1 clove Garlic -2.5 Cups water
-2 TSP Salt
-1 TBSP Olive Oil
-2 Bay Leaves •
WHAT TO DO:
-Add jasmine rice, water, olive oil, salt, bay leaves, diced onion and diced garlic to rice cooker pot
-Set to “cook”
If I’m cooking for a lot of people, I make my white rice on the stove. For regular nights after a long day, the rice cooker is a life-saver!!! This rice is so good you can eat it by itself 😍🍚
🌶Chile lime chicken with Cilantro jasmine Rice and Mango Guacamole🥑 🔅Here’s how to make it🔅 ——————-Ingredients——————
❥ 16 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken
❥ 2 cups of jasmine rice uncooked
❥ 1 bundle of cilantro chopped
❥ 1/4 cup of Chopped Mango
❥ 3 Hass avocados ❥ 2 Large lemons
❥ 1 Tbsp. Chile lime seasoning
❥ 1 Tsp. Black pepper
❥ 1 Tsp. Adobo ❥ 1 Tsp. Garlic powder ❥ 2 Tbsp. Olive oil 🐓 How to prepare the chicken 🐓
1. Slice chicken breasts into strips and place into a large bowl
2. Cut and squeeze one lemon over all the chicken, then add your seasonings
3. weigh out 4 oz and set aside into separate plates or bowls. This is if you are counting macros, if not then ignore the weighing out.
4. Add the chicken to a pan and cook on medium and cover with a lid and remove it after 1-2 Mins and move the chicken around. If counting macros what I like to do is cook each weighed out portion separately and place into containers as I go. 🍚 How to make Cilantro Jasmine Rice 🍚
1. Pour about 2 cups of white rice into a rice cooker and add 1 part of water for each cup.
2. Add the 2 Tbsp. Of olive oil to the rice and water along with a little salt and add a cup of chopped cilantro.
3. Place the lid on the rice cooker and set it to cook! 🥑 How to make Mango Guacamole🥑
1. Slice open the avocados and using a spoon carefully remove each half of the avocados and place into a container.
2. Slice the halves into cubes and cut a lemon and squeeze it all over the avocado.
3. Using 1/4 a cup of chopped mango mix it into the avocado.
4. Add 1/4 a cup of cilantro to the mixture and enjoy!
#Blackbeansandrice one of my go to meals right here. It's cheap & easy to make, and yummy too. I eat black beans & rice almost weekly. I love the flavor of #jasminerice so I make that instead of the traditional regular white rice, AND I just found out there is brown Jasmin rice, so I will be seeking that out the next time I need to buy rice (The brown version of any rice will always have more nutrients than the white version.) .
To give the black beans more #flava I dice up fresh onion, garlic, oregano, & culantro (and no I don't mean cilantro.) I add a little bit of olive oil to a pan, then on medium heat I sautee the onions until they are clear, then add the garlic, oregano & culantro and sautee another minute or so (you don't want to sautee the garlic too long otherwise it will burn and tastes gross.) Then I add the beans, a Dash of apple cider vinegar, a little water and season to taste. I prefer salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, red pepper, and a Dash of tumeric powder (I've been trying to add tumeric to more of my food for it's anti-inflammatory qualities) I don't eat a lot of meat because my stomach has a hard time digesting it, so this is one way I get some #protein in my life. .
I always slice up #avacado to eat with it (another thing I eat a lot of.) As for the pickles... well I don't love pickles (actually I hated them) but fermented foods are great for gut health, so I started eating them, and they are growing on me a little by little. I like #Claussen brand the best so far. .